Finished Skipper Quilt - Scrappy Version

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Hey there!
I hope everyone had a nice Halloween.
Besides this little mama catching a 24-hour flu bug the day before, 
we had a nice one.  Tis' the season right?


We're in full fledged "Fall" mode over here.  
I really do love everything that comes along with fall and winter around here but I think I'm getting old because I'm starting to dread the fact that I'll probably have an internal temperature of FREEZING for exactly four to six months!  But there's nothing like a scrappy, happy quilt to chase the blues away, am I right?!?


I finished this scrappy Skipper quilt months ago but never got a chance to share it here.  If you love low volumes + bright happy fabrics you might enjoy this one.


The pattern is from my book, Vintage Vibe: Traditional Quilts, Fresh Fabrics
(which you can purchase HERE).


I used some of my favorite sweet, vintagy fabrics from my stash and backed it in this little apple print by my friend Pam Vieira-McGinnis for the line Pam Kitty Garden by LakeHouse Fabrics.


It's very, very scrappy (like even each side of the border is a different fabric). And polka dots are always a good idea for a binding, don't you think?


The beautiful machine quilting design is one of my new go-to favorites.  I have used it on at least 3-4 quilts so far.  It's called Interlocking Orange Peel from karleeporter.com.  Cathy Barney did it and did a fabulous job!



 This is such a fun, fast quilt to make whether it's for a boy, girl, super scrappy or not.  
(You can see the original boy version HERE.)
Finished quilt size = 55.5" x 61.5"

 I hope that inspired all of you to make some thing scrap happy today!  
Have a great day!
~ Amber

1 comment:

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber