The World's Fastest Teacher Appreciation Gifts and a Flimsy

Thursday, May 30, 2013

 It's been a great school year and I couldn't have asked for better teachers for my kids.  I'm so thankful for the teaching and love they received every day.  Their teachers really gave 110%! Today is the last day of school and as always, I waited till the last second to put something together to show my appreciation.  So last night I ran down to our local smoothie shop and got them all gift certificates (2 teachers, 1 teacher's aide and 1 bus driver).  

 
With a little graph paper and Washi tape, I attached a little note that says,  

"You've been a real 'SMOOTH' teacher this year!"
and
"Thanks for giving us a 'SMOOTH' ride to school this year!"

(Both of my kids commented on how cool the tape was!  
What can I say, Washi makes everything cute :) 
  

There isn't a gift that could sufficiently thank their teachers but I hope they'll enjoy a yummy treat on us :)  

I also finished this flimsy last night.
I've been working on lots of different projects lately (that I can't share pictures of quite yet :) so it was fun to squeeze in some time to make something for the quilt shop I work at.


This was a fun little project to try out the new Jaybird Quilts Hex N More ruler.  I used Summer House fabrics from Henry Glass + a few random pieces.  I really loved working with the Hex N More ruler!  It was easy to cut with and the pieces went together quickly and easily.  It was a little pricey (about $24) but I splurged because I figured I'd use it time and time again.  After finishing this flimsy last night I started itching to make another quilt with my son's collection of fat quarters!  So I guess that's a good sign!

Well, I'm off to the school now to catch a little of 
the end of year festivities!
Happy quilting!
~ Amber

9 comments:

  1. ohhhhh, I have the Hex N More ruler because I have made several quilits using Jaybird's Ballerina pattern.

    sooooo, I think I just found what I will make next! Thank you for sharing this darling quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is adorable! What is the black polka dot from? I just love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice gifts and great hexie quilt.....
    I have some teacher gifts planned too but we have over a week left

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice quilt top! That black pin-dot makes the fabrics look fantastic. :)

    I stopped by to let you know I recently finished my Mod Medallions flimsy in the Momo It's a Hoot fabrics. My 19yo gushed about it when she saw it laying out as she got home from college for the summer. It'll probably be several months before I get to quilt it, but here's the top: http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2013/05/newfo-report-for-may-its-hoot-daisy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice appreciation! As a in the library teacher I hope you remember special teachers too. We like cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that ruler! I've made 5 tops with it already (4 lotus and one half hexagons), and just cut out a one block wonder with it, with more projects planned. Your flimsy is wonderful - love how the black triangles make it POP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed! These quilts are looking fantastic thanks for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

    Villas in Tuscany for Rent

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice really every teacher want this kind of love from the student

    teachers

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber