Tuesday Tips {from Pleasant Home}

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm so excited to be hosting my first {ever} guest blogger today!  Jodi Nelson, from the blog Pleasant Home is here to share a little part of her creative space as part of my new Tuesday Tips series.  I'm on an organizing "kick" right now.  I can't wait to pick up some new tips and ideas from other bloggers and designers through this series.  I hope you'll like it too.  Now over to you, Jodi!


Hi Everyone!

It's me Jodi from Pleasant Home!
new Blog Fall header
And can I first say... I {heart} Amber's blog and check in often for oodles and oodles of inspiration...
I was thrilled when Amber announced she'd be doing a Tuesday Tips series on her blog. And equally thrilled to be the guest post today!


Amber asked me to share a couple pics from my 'Creating Space' and tell you a little about them. So here we go.... Here is one of my most favorite parts of my 'Creating Space'...


My Work Table. My hubby built and put it together for me. It was inspired by a work station I saw in a Pottery Barn catalog. It was a great design idea and I see it out in blog land often now.

Cutting Table

I have two Target cubbies on each end with a large plywood top. It gives me plenty of room for a Cutting Board on one side and an Ironing Board on the other. And it's just the right height for me.

The Ironing Board

On one end of the work table I keep my scraps. I {LOVE} sewing with scraps! Having them organized by color in my cute little wire bins, really helps! Anything less than a fat quarter goes into these bins. {pssst... i clean them out regularly Give them Away! and sell scrap bags in my Etsy Shop}

Fabric Scraps

I don't know how I'd function without this work table. I truly feel blessed to not only have a hubby who can help me with projects like this... But also a room in my home that I can call my own. Thanks Amber for inviting me to share a bit of my space with your readers!


You can see more pics of my 'Creating Space' and more details, on Flickr HERE....

Thanks so much for sharing that with us, Jodi!  That table is cool!  I think we're all going to be bugging our husbands to make us one now :)  I hope you'll all come back again next week for more Tuesday Tips.  Nicole from Our Cozy Nest will be here sharing some tips from her creative space.

Have a great day!  ~ Amber

3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely craft table, love the wire bins! Very handy husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Where did you get the wire bins? So convenient that you can see what's inside....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that table. I need one of those, but alas my hubby is not so handy. Can I borrow yours?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber