Cruisin'

Friday, July 1, 2011

My card reader is not working right now so I had to borrow this image from the internet, but trust me when I tell you that I ♥ my little vanilla townie with aluminum fenders and tan leather seat.  It's such a fun little way to ride around town.  Comfy and cute!?!  Well, I just love it.  But sometimes a mom needs to have a little storage space.

I love the rattan baskets, but when I saw these basket patterns at a LQS the other day, I knew I just had to buy them!


One for me, and one for the little Missy.  Wouldn't they make such cute birthday gifts for all the other little girls in the neighborhood? 

[photos from hemma design website]

Don't you just love everything about this cover shot?  And can you see that little gingham bike seat cover on the childs' bike?  So cute!

Speaking of bikes and baskets, I also wanted to tell you about a contest that Riley Blake is hosting right now.  They're giving away three beach cruiser bikes AND one lucky person will even win a free cruise!   If you like to quilt or make home decor projects, click here for more details: http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/

Then, after you win, be sure to buy these cute patterns and whip yourself up a new basket for your NEW BIKE!  You'll feel like the cutest thing around!

7 comments:

  1. These baskets are absolutely adorable! I definitely need to buy the pattern so that I can make one of these baskets for my my dad's wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baskets are absolutely adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness! I need to make one for my cruiser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower basket is just too cute. And, why have I never thought of covering a bicycle seat??? I can't wait to see what you do with your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the beautiful bike! I am looking forward to seeing your darling bicycle baskets soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- those are super cute! I've thought about making a basket like that for my bike, but I have a little headlight so it won't work. I LOVE your bike too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a bike, but if I had one as cool as your Townie and a cute basket like those you showed, I'd be tempted to ride a bike again.
    Have a wonderful 4th, Amber and thanks for sharing about the Riley Blake contest. I'm headed over there now.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber