Switching arms and a contest

Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm just sitting down to get a little moment to myself after a lot of Chaos. I just had 3 extra kids here, making a new total of 5. I normally could have handled it just fine, but the youngest one cried practically the entire time (about 3 or 4 hours, I think.) She was off and on when I was holding her (which was most of the time) and when I put her down she would definitely cry for sure. So when it came time for lunch, B offered to make it for everyone if I told him how to do it. So he warmed up dinosaur chicken nuggets in the microwave for all of them. He's such a sweetie. Later though, I think one of the kids went back for seconds because I found a plate on the floor with two frozen nuggets and about a cup or so of b-b-q sauce piled on it. Gross. Anyways, later I told B, "My arm is going to fall off. What should we do?" He simply said, "Switch arms!" Well, it was a good idea! (I meant what are we going to do about her crying and needing me to hold her the whole time, but switching arms worked too:))
Anyways, I found myself stopping at my computer with her on my lap a few different times throughout those 3 or 4 hours. Do you guys do that too? Do you get on the computer during times of stress or Chaos? Just to get a way for a minute? I do that a lot. Maybe I need to learn how to handle these kinds of moments a little better. Hmm. Something to think about.

Well, during one of my moments of "screen time" (as I say to my kids) I was checking my email and found out some good news (as the chaos was getting started.) I won a contest. And, a very fun contest to say the least. Joanna over at Fig Tree Quilts was having a contest in which she wanted name ideas for some of her upcoming patterns. I'm not sure exactly why I was one of the 5 names chosen to win (because it sounds like she's picking the winning names later), but she's sending out a pattern and all of the fabric for it to the winners.
This is her new line:
Of course I am ecstatic! The funny thing was that I found out that I won from my sister-in-law, Brittany, who wanted to know if she could borrow my lucky charm!?! I was like, what is she talking about!?! I am so not a lucky person. I never win anything (except that other fabricmatcher contest:) Which was wonderful.) So then I remembered that I needed to go check Joanna's blog (I was so anxious the night before. I was surprised that I hadn't yet thought to go check.) But anyways, that was kind of fun news and I can't wait to see all of the beautiful patterns Joanna comes up with next. She is amazing.
Well, I better go back to check on the kids...
Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! More free stuff...can't get better than that on a hectic day. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am sorry about the crying baby. Kurt and I had a similar babysitting experience last Saturday and in the middle of a crying fit Kurt asked if I was ready for our next baby. That's a big N..O.. However, I hope I'm ready soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I love your new blog design! How is the new job going? Have you started your classes? I think I need to take a quilting class from you. The shop I was going to take one from isn't offering it in April :( I really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the best feeling to win..you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber